Being a Hair Stylist or Salon Owner operating in the Beauty Industry definitely goes through several phases, three of which I mentioned in a training on Facebook page last week. I also did a blog post on the first stage of growth, THE SEED STAGE, that a salon business or hair stylist career goes through!
So, today we’ll talk about Growth Stage of A Career in the Beauty Industry! I’ll highlight what that entails.
Let’s jump right in
- In the Growth Stage of business, you may find yourself moving out of the survival mode. YESSSSS!
- You normally have begun figuring out who your true customers are.
- Your Income and Revenue feels a little more certain.
- The Growth Stage is such a tricky stage/ You really have to be careful. In this stage, many people make the huge mistake of increasing their spending during the Growth Stage. After all, you’ve struggled for so long, it feels like freedom. You’ve worked hard, and you deserve it!
- Many people make the Grave mistake of doing a lot of excess things with the increased Revenue in this stage of Growth.
This is actually where I feel you should really invest back into your business.
- Begin putting money to the side
- Get rid of things that just are not working.
- Really sit down and look at the operational side of your business. Whether you are a hair stylist, salon owner, videographer, or cake baker… there is a business side to your business, and your attention to it will determine whether you continue to grow!
- In the Growth Stage, you master being attentive to your business working functions and systems.
- This is a time where you really should mastering your systems.
- As you prepare for a greater influx of people and customers, you should market to them and service them with a greater ease and experience for the customer.
- Your Customer Process should function at the highest. After all, we need customers to do business, and their experience with you is important. Scheduling appointments, the experience they have on the phone, their consultation, their check out process, their connections between visits.. all this stuff matter!
- If you have staff or renters in your salon, their training, salon etiquette, staff meetings, all of this matters gravely too. Everyone in your business ultimately is “the experience” customers have in your place. Whether they are your client or another person’s in the salon, they are affected by staff. It becomes a part of your Brand, and how the marketplace sees you!
- Take time in the Growth Stage to begin operating with specific systems. Recognize how well they work or don’t work! Tweak them so that they work to Peak Performance! This will help to eliminate some of the frustration that can occur because you are getting more customers and being exposed to more people. This is really a great time to focus on those systems because there are also more customers to spread the word if things are not operating well.
- This is a huge time for reflection! It can even feel like you have taken a seat back when you actually haven’t, you’ve just taken an opportunity to maximize and master your time, your energy, your money, your resources, your connections and your systems
- Sometimes LESS IS MORE!
- The Growth Stage is really a time to use some of the added Revenue to get help in your business so that it makes doing business easier and not harder.
- Start delegating some of the lower level tasks out to someone else so you can focus on the income producing things that you are great at, whether that is simply being a great stylist or an excellent visionary as a salon owner!
- Don’t be The Lone Ranger.
- You Simply Can’t do it all and do it with a spirit of excellence!
This pretty much details many of the things that ae expected and the things that you should Master in your Growth Stage.
Measuring will be everything to mastering this Level and preparing
for the next.
I would love to hear from you about what stage you feel your salon career is in so far.
Hopefully this has challenged you take another look at your business!
Leave your comments below!
Until Next week( Where we discuss the last stage, The Expansion Stage)
Success on Purpose
Beauty Business Consultant.
Helping you create the Business and Lifestyle You Love!
P.S. Be sure to head over to Face Book and do 2 things
Join Our Amazing Private Face Book Group.” Mind Your Business For The Beauty Industry”
And Be sure to like My Business Page where I do Live Salon Biz Trainings weekly Every Monday And Wednesday at 11:30 AM(est)